We specialise in providing financial advice for GESB West State Super and GESB Gold State Super members.
Unique super funds
GESB West State Super and Gold State Super are unique super funds. They are “constitutionally protected” and untaxed super funds. If you have one of these accounts it pays to get professional financial advice to ensure you take advantage of opportunities that are unique to West State and Gold State members.
Gold State Super is a defined benefit scheme which makes it even more unique. The account balance is not linked to investment markets, but rather it’s based on a formula that consists of your salary, contribution rate and years of completed service.
The need for financial advice
GESB West State Super and Gold State Super are complex super funds. Before making a decision that may be irreversible, you should seek financial advice to help you make a fully informed decision.
We can help you with the following:
- Should you have your employer contributions paid to a non-GESB super fund?
- What are the advantages of having your employer contributions paid to GESB?
- GESB Gold State member contribution strategies.
- Do you have a Pre-1 July 1983 service date which can be used to maximise your tax-free component?
- Maximising tax deductible contributions to West State Super to reduce your income tax. Special limits apply to West State Super that is unique to members.
- Strategies to reduce capital gains tax from the sale of investment properties, shares etc. using your West State Super account.
- Consequences and implications of a lump sum withdrawal versus a rollover of West State/Gold State.
- Converting your West State and Gold State to appropriate income streams at retirement.
- Converting your Gold State Super to a non-market linked income stream at retirement.
- Your GESB West State and Gold State benefits in the context of your overall retirement plans and needs.
- Your GESB West State and Gold State benefits and it’s impact on the Australian Age Pension.
Contact us today for an initial consultation!