When you’re busy enjoying life, retirement can seem a long way off. But with Australians living longer and staying more active in retirement than ever before, your retirement lifestyle is not something to be left to chance.
A holistic approach
We take a holistic approach to retirement planning, with a personalised retirement plan designed to help you enjoy the retirement lifestyle you’ve been looking forward to. Your plan covers every aspect of your financial life, including risk protection and estate planning, so you can be confident that your family’s future is secure.
Retirement planning strategies
Here are some of the retirement planning strategies we may help you explore, depending on your individual situation:
- Salary sacrifice. Making pre-tax contributions through salary sacrifice provides the dual benefit of reducing your taxable income and maximising your super contributions.
- Withdrawal re-contribution strategies. Improve the tax free status of super benefits.
- Contribution splitting. For couples where there is a considerable difference in earnings, there can be a significant tax benefit in diverting extra super contributions to the lower-paid partner’s account.
- Self-managed super. If you are looking for greater investment choice and control, a self-managed super fund (SMSF) can be an attractive choice. We’ll help you manage the complexities of setting up and administering your own fund, developing a personalised investment strategy that maximises your opportunities, while keeping risk under control.
- Retirement income streams. Once you’ve stopped working, the right choice of retirement income stream is essential to fund your retirement lifestyle over the long term. We can help you select the best option for your personal situation, then structure your income to support your changing circumstances.
- Centrelink Age Pension planning. Management of administration with Centrelink and strategies to maximise benefits in retirement.
- Wills and estate planning. We can help you explore options for transferring wealth effectively to leave a lasting legacy for your family, including testamentary and family trusts.